Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Did coach Alford successfully re-recruit the players?

Did coach Alford successfully re-recruit the players? 03 Apr 2016 23:12 #7818

Posters on a free site are hearing that coach Alford has successfully re-recruited all of his eligible players to return for next season. I hope this is based on legit news. It seems that Prince Ali can mature into a quite productive player, but, I suspect that he had to be convinced that there would be open competition for each spot on the starting and backup rotation.
I have not heard what decision Isaac Hamilton will make re entering the draft or returning to the team. I've heard that his younger brother, Daniel, UConn, has declared for the draft. Isaac was supposed to be a one-and-done and he is now 3 years out of high school. Plus, I understand that next year's draft class will be super, and this year's draft class will be much weaker. Its hard to imagine that Isaac will enter the draft, but, there are other options than playing in the NBA.
With Lonzo Ball coming in as a 5 star player and the #1 point guard in the country, and with Aaron Holiday being the returning point guard, it might make sense to have two ball handlers and playmakers in the game at once. Since coach Alford promised that defense will be a priority for next season, it seems to follow that his son, Bryce, who has seldom shown an interest nor skills in playing defense, will begin the games on the bench. Could Isaac (if he returned) and Prince cover the 3? Could TJ Leaf and Gyorgi Goloman occasionally play the 3? I hope that Noah Allen develops a shot or two and can finally show that he can do more than play good defense (which coach Alford is emphasizing).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Did coach Alford successfully re-recruit the players? 04 Apr 2016 15:09 #7819

I'm hearing everyone is returning, however, that could change quickly. Stay tuned...
Make each day your masterpiece.
-John Wooden-
The administrator has disabled public write access.