Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kennedy Polamalu, Marques Tuiasosopo and Rip Scherer unofficially named

Kennedy Polamalu, Marques Tuiasosopo and Rip Scherer unofficially named 11 Jan 2016 07:59 #7789

Kennedy Polamalu is, unofficially, UCLA's offensive coordinator and Marques Tuiasosopo is, unofficially, UCLA's quarterbacks coach.

Rip Scherer, UCLA's assistant athletic director for football, is, unofficially, UCLA's tight ends coach.

I've heard good things about Polamalu for OC except that he may be limited in his experience in play calling. Tuiasosopo sure is a well-known name as a QB and QB coach. I'm excited to see what the two bring to the team next season.
Rick, can you provide background info on Rip Scherer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kennedy Polamalu, Marques Tuiasosopo and Rip Scherer unofficially named 11 Jan 2016 14:48 #7790

He was co-offensive coordinator in Hawai'i with Dick Tomey and has been a respected coach since the 1970's so he has a lot of experience. He has coach on the NFL and has been a HC on the D1 level. One of my best friends played for Rip when he was in Hawai'i with Tomey and has said nothing but great things about the man since the 70s.
Make each day your masterpiece.
-John Wooden-

Kennedy Polamalu, Marques Tuiasosopo and Rip Scherer unofficially named 12 Jan 2016 00:19 #7791

Thanks much, Rick, for that background info on Rip Scherer. It seems that most of the posters on bruin boards do not know much about him except his work at UCLA. He seemed to be described as mostly a bureaucrat who was in over his head in an actual coaching position. Now, with your info, I know better and I feel much more comfortable with him on the coaching staff.

Kennedy Polamalu, Marques Tuiasosopo and Rip Scherer unofficially named 12 Jan 2016 01:03 #7792

Rip is going to help Rosen and the passing game a lot.. Bruin fans will like what they see.
Make each day your masterpiece.
-John Wooden-