Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Adrian Klemm Suspended

Adrian Klemm Suspended 16 Mar 2015 16:38 #7613

ADRIAN KLEMM SUSPENDED

UCLA was recently made aware of alleged NCAA rules violations involving Adrian Klemm, a member of the UCLA Football coaching staff. UCLA immediately reported this information to the NCAA and to the Pac-12 Conference and has placed Klemm on suspension with pay. UCLA will continue to work jointly and cooperate fully with the NCAA while this matter is being reviewed and to protect the integrity of the process, will have no further comment at this time.
Make each day your masterpiece.
-John Wooden-
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Adrian Klemm Suspended 18 Mar 2015 10:48 #7618

A rumor on a free board about the Klemm situation is that he apparently contacted a recruit during a no-contact period.
Rick, wouldn't this be a rather common error to make? I understand that a recruit can send questions to coaches during a no-contact period, but, coaches cannot communicate directly with the recruits. So, without thinking about it, Klemm could have tweeted an answer to a recruit's question and BAM, NCAA violation! Well, I hope Klemm has a reasonable defense for his actions, whatever they may have been.

Adrian Klemm Suspended 18 Mar 2015 13:03 #7621

That would be a common thing, but it is still against the rules. When a program starts to become good like the Bruins, there is a lot more scrutiny...
Make each day your masterpiece.
-John Wooden-

Adrian Klemm Suspended 19 Mar 2015 00:28 #7622

I have heard anything from going over his allowed texting minutes to giving free Clipper tickets to a recruit and his family.

I really think it is a simple no big time allegation. Players already want to play for Klemm, he has a great stock of offensive linemen there and on the way there. So why would he need to cheat? I think it is taking so long to find out the truth because they are trying to determine if Klemm did what he did intentionally or is it just a dumb mistake. We shall see. '74