Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: It seems I was wrong

It seems I was wrong 20 Feb 2015 03:23 #7565

again....Ho-Hum what else is new???

I am hearing former PSU's defensive coordinator, Tom Bradley, will be the one and is being vetted as I type. If you want to know a bit about this guys defense then this article I am attaching is a MUST READ. Yeah, it pimps Coach Paterno but read what the defense did under Bradley. Hint: Linebacker U was his baby! Great read and a good hire if he passes the vetting gig. WVU and CBS have already vetted him and in fact the Freeh report about the whole scandal NEVER even mentions Bradley's name which bodes well for him in my opinion.
Personally I say hire him. He may not be a great recruiter but he is a great defensive mind and has always had great defensive teams. Heck Spanos never was any good at recruiting so anything this guy does is a bonus. That is the only area that we will hurt from the departure of Coach Ulbrich.
But this guy can coach and brings NFL experience with him. I also think that is Coach Mora feels this guy is okay than so do I. Coach Mora is a great judge of character.
He proves it every recruiting cycle. He brings in kids with great character and strong morals. The better a team gets the more chances trouble will come our way it is the way it is. Great players bring the losers here....you all know what I mean. Bad agents, money guys who will do anything to get a piece of an athlete. Dirty coaches and dirty people who have larceny in their hearts.
But not a peep from our campus. Coach takes personal responsibility for each and every player he brings in and the players in return do not want to hurt or derail Coach Mora so they use their heads and have stayed pretty darned clean since Coach arrived.
So if Coach Mora thinks this should be our new coach I say let's get it started. We may have lost a few on the defense but this new coach does not know that and he is taking over the reins of some seriously talented young men. I think we will only get better if this is indeed the hire. '74

smartfootball.com/defense/joe-paternos-p...bPv3A5.xBjybBl0.dpbs
The administrator has disabled public write access.

It seems I was wrong 21 Feb 2015 02:01 #7566

There were a lot of names that were being bantered about. Bradley flew way under the radar until the vetting process and then it was too tough to keep quiet.
Make each day your masterpiece.
-John Wooden-

Tommy Donatell tweeted re UCLA 21 Feb 2015 03:30 #7568

Here's a tweeter note which is interesting - Tommy Donatell noted that he is the new grad ass't on D for UCLA.
The scenario seems to be (by my own limited perspective) that Scott White takes the LB coach position and Tom Bradley is the new DC.
I figure Rick will say that we will see, even if he knows what will be.

Tommy Donatell tweeted re UCLA 21 Feb 2015 13:49 #7569

You are correct....as usual...from what I am hearing.
I must say the more I read about Coach Bradley the more I like him. He is a bit older but still seems to have the ability to relate to the young players. Hope this scenario is true! '74

Bradley's the one!? 24 Feb 2015 03:31 #7577

I'll send this out as a fyi - I have no idea how credible this site is. (I've got to learn how to post a link here.)

www.blackshoediaries.com/2015/2/23/80947...efensive-coordinatorTom Bradley as DC?