Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: That was a very painful game

That was a very painful game 24 Jan 2015 23:19 #7489

to watch.
Make each day your masterpiece.
-John Wooden-
The administrator has disabled public write access.

That was a very painful game 25 Jan 2015 12:17 #7490

Yes it was Rick. So sad to see this type of thing going on. I mean damn....NO defense...none! I saw a lack of effort and when Looney fouled out with about 8 minutes to go you could see the air go out of this team.
I still think Coach Alford deserves his third year before we start calling for his head. Three years has always been my limit. But we are worse not better. Coach Alford in his second year has NOT made this team better.
Instead of sticking to your "system" maybe try something new???
How about focusing on Looney, run the ball thought him EVERY time down. He is our best player and the only player who is really fighting out there. He knows he could be a lottery pick and it shows.
This team as it sits is done. Period.
However there is the talent for a very good team down the road. We all knew we had no point guard to start the season. We all knew this team was in trouble when Boldon went out. Face it we lost way too many players to be competitive this year. Is this Coach Alford's fault? Probably not but he is in charge and taking the heat for anything that happens with this team is standard procedure.
So for me he has one more year. I see plenty of light at the end of the tunnel. We have three stud guards coming in next year. Anyone who thinks college ball is about anything other than the guards just needs to watch our Bruins.
We have serious talent on the front line but without the ability to open the floor and get the ball to them in a timely fashion is critical.
There is no way I blame Bryce either. He is a two guard plain and simple. But he is thrust into the spotlight and to make matters worse his father is the coach. Imagine you being in his place. Playing out of position and giving his all is about all he can do. He should be in a Michael Roll type of position. He is a deadly shooter and if that was his only responsibility he would be a star. But he is soooo screwed due to our lack of guards.
So we must look forward to next season. I sure hope Looney stays but that was never the plan for him. But if he does next year will be a blast. '74

That was a very painful game 25 Jan 2015 16:04 #7491

Good stuff B74, but Bryce needs to play under control. When he does the offense runs much more smoothly. When he doesn't play under control, it seems everyone else is out of control too...
-John Wooden-

That was a very painful game 25 Jan 2015 18:01 #7492

I agree except for one guy everyone keeps forgetting and he will open eyes next year. Kobe Parra (SP???? Sorry) is exciting to watch. I have seen several videos of him and the kid is amazing. He reminds me of Zach Levine without the attitude.
He will be the surprise of the class and also one of our best and most dependable players....yes the 3 star will out preform the 4 and 5 stars. '74

That was a very painful game 25 Jan 2015 23:19 #7493

Good report! Many times 3-stars end up outshining 4 and 5-star players. It is almost a parable...
-John Wooden-