Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Bruins would a better hoops team on the road

The Bruins would a better hoops team on the road 23 Jan 2015 14:41 #7482

with a better PG. That's not to say that Alford is a bad player, but he would be better served at a two and so would the team...
Make each day your masterpiece.
-John Wooden-
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Bruins would a better hoops team on the road 23 Jan 2015 17:32 #7483

The team really really missed Parker last night as well. They made a decent comeback from 17 down but just seemed to run out of steam.
The fact is this team will be lucky...very lucky to make a post season tourney. '74

The Bruins would a better hoops team on the road 23 Jan 2015 18:36 #7484

I hate to agree with your take on postseason opportunities for the Bruins, but I do!
-John Wooden-

The Bruins would a better hoops team on the road 24 Jan 2015 04:33 #7485

Baron Davis on tv during halftime of the game said that UCLA was doing their dribble penetration too often at the expensive of the offensive flow. He singled out Bryce as one who was a main culprit in disrupting the offensive flow of the team - or, at least, I thought that was what he meant. More and more fans seem to be calling Bryce a selfish player who wants to show that he can win the game by himself. I've been frustrated by Bryce's dribble drives to nowhere and his 3 pt shooting when he is not hitting. So, its good to read you have not given up on him as a selfish player.
I really liked to see the flashes of great play by Goloman - especially when he stole the ball, dribbled to the basket and dunked with authority. I'd like to see more of that from him as well as a continuation of his outside shooting. Welsh will improve with his starting minutes and Noel Allen is playing well and has been improving.
The tv commentator said that Powell was benched because he missed covering that 3 pt shot in the 2nd half - I couldn't tell if the defense was set up incorrectly because Ore St placed two of their best 3 pt shooter on the same side of the perimeter and there was only Powell to guard one or the other. I thought it was an impossible assignment and no one was coming over to help out. Do you remember that play? If Powell was guarding two players, there should have been an extra bruin to come over to help out. How is that type of situation supposed to be handled by Powell?
I hope Hamilton comes out of his funk and plays a decent game - Bryce just came through a similar cold shooting phase which lasted 3 or 4 games? If Hamilton can do his share of the work, I think UCLA will make a game of it against Oregon - but, I have no idea about match up problems.

The Bruins would a better hoops team on the road 24 Jan 2015 15:32 #7487

I don't think Bryce is selfish, just think he is being asked to do too much and that sets him up for failure. I agree with Baron's assessment that Bryce often times finds himself in no man's land and that hurts the offensive flow...
-John Wooden-