Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The proposal

The proposal 21 Jan 2015 11:49 #7475

Here it is the newest proposal from the Pac-12:

On Wednesday the governing board of the University of California campuses will meet to discuss a new incentive-pay policy approved by university President Janet Napolitano that will tie together how coaches and athletic directors are evaluated/compensated and the academic achievements of their student-athletes.

The new policy will apply to all coaches of intercollegiate sports and athletic directors going forward, both new hires and those whose contracts are up for renewal. The so-called "gatekeeper clause" establishing a minimum level of team-wide academic performance for coaches to receive any bonus pay will follow a formula the National Collegiate Athletic Association already uses to monitor student athletes.

Cal football coach Sonny Dykes already has a contract that links his bonuses to how his athletes perform in class, but he is the only coach that has that type of a contract. So, it should be interesting to see how this goes over on Wednesday.

Any thoughts...In my opinion that means 7 win Sark will probably end up owing the school!!!!! lol
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The proposal 21 Jan 2015 16:12 #7477

SC is not part of the UC system. Is this going to be a Pac 12 thing or a UC?
Make each day your masterpiece.
-John Wooden-

The proposal 21 Jan 2015 17:18 #7478

Pac-12 according to the article. I know it is just a proposal and we have seen this before. But to me it is a good idea. '74

The proposal 22 Jan 2015 14:59 #7480

My confusion is why isn't Larry Scott being quoted and not the head of the UC system?
Make each day your masterpiece.
-John Wooden-